Search a solicitor near you:

Conveyancing quote Ask a legal question Ask about a claim

Find Solicitors Online Quickly

We are dedicated to putting you in touch with solicitors as easily as possible, in addition to bringing you topical news and information.
Our simple system allows you to find solicitors both in the location you want and for the area of law that you need.
If you are unsure which legal discipline you need to select, use the ‘need help’ button and our trained staff will be able to assist.
All solicitors listed on are regulated, and is a free resource for locating solicitors in the UK; we do not receive reward from solicitors if you decide to instruct them.
The information provided on is not legal advice, we are independent from all firms of solicitors and the listing of any firm on does not constitute a recommendation.

Our latest articles

Section splitter

Ask a solicitor a question

Section splitter Man

Lastest Questions

Taking action against a care home

I live in Wales but have an on-going complaint with Derbyshire County Council since March 2010 about abuse/neglect my mum received whilst in a care home in Derby. My mum has since passed away. I have exhausted the complaints procedure and have been treated badly by all involved waiting months for requests/responses. I am very unhappy with how my mum was treated and how my complaint was dealt with. I would like to take legal action against the care home and the county council but know nothing about legal processes. Do you have a solicitor that can help in Derby?


I have been employed 3+years. I was employed at the same time as 7 other colleagues, same job title, objectives. The job had a grade, . Normal practice is to appoint below the standard as above the standard post holders should undertake additional responsibilities. My colleagues were appointed to above the standard salaries; I was the only one to be appointed at the lowest point on the grade which is below the standard. The pay structure was revealed to me recently, and I believe that I should have been appointed to an above the standard wage. I have exhausted the internal grievance which was not upheld. Do I have a case for discrimination at Employment Tribunal?